Ghana Pics

Monday, May 18, 2009

Since You've Been Ghana ...

Interesting story last Friday on the BBC about Ghanaians abroad returning home to participate in the country's vibrant new economic development. I wasn't quite sure about the first person's observation that when she came back to Ghana she could find everything she regularly used in New York in Accra (possible, but not quite accessible to the vast majority of Ghanaians), but I did agree with the observation further down about Ghanaians possessing a strong entrepreneurial spirit.

Here's the BBC video about the Accra Mall. I admit I never actually visited it because I thought it was just some escape for rich foreigners--and I didn't want to be the stereotypical (read: weak) first-timer to Africa. May have to give it a try the second time around, though.

No comments: