Ghana Pics

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kwekus Reunited

This afternoon, I met up with my old friend, Thomas, with whom I worked during my very first research trip to Ghana. Here we are in July 2008, at the Port of Takoradi:


And now here we are today, more mature as researchers, and--yes, hard to believe--even more dashing:

In case you were wondering, Thomas and I were both born on Wednesdays. In Ghana, children are frequently given names according to the day of the week on which they were born; for Twi-speakers, Kweku is a name typically given to a boy born on Wednesday. So this makes us Thomas Kweku and Joe Kweku.

Thomas is finishing up his PhD at Cambridge in Criminology. Look for him to have a very positive effect on Ghana in the years to come.

1 comment:

albertchen42 said...

are you two twins?
-Lt Dan in Forrest Gump