Ghana Pics

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I just kente do it

This afternoon I got measured to have a kente cloth shirt made for me! Never had anything tailor-made for me before. Kente is a very colorful, traditional Ashante (though the Ewe claim the Ashante got it from two captured Ewe weavers) cloth pattern that Ghana is well known for. Mine will have a very geometric pattern (the Ashante have special geometric patterns as well as animal/flower shapes that go into their kente patterns) with lots of orange, green, gold and blue. I'll be picking it up in two days, so hopefully I can post some pictures soon.

This morning I distributed 65 more surveys to the different engineering departments as well as to the stevedoring department. Just one more round of distributions then I can start collecting the results! It's really exciting to think that I'm actually generating data. Now if it will only support my (and my advisor's...lol) theories. Or any theory for that matter...

Last night I definitely thought I had a fever so I whipped out the digital thermometer (that's right) for the first time this summer. Nope, turned out to be okay; probably just exhausted with the heat or something.

Also, I'm about to post a selection of pictures on Facebook. Let's hope the bandwidth holds up for a little bit more.

No comments: